- What is mental health?
- Why is it important?
- Why is it a problem?
- How to maintain a good mental health?
What is mental health?
Mental health is nothing but the actions and situations of oneself and surroundings that affect an individual mood, thinking and behavior. Some of them might result in stress, depression, anxiety, addiction etc., are some of mental illnesses. Therefore it is important to maintain mental wellness
Why is it important?
Talking about mental illness like stress, depression heightens emotions and that leads to suicidal thoughts etc. Mental health is important in every stage of life. For example, a child suffers mental health because of his/her surroundings from the way their parents treat etc. When it comes to adolescence it’s always about competition (i.e) comparing oneself with others and trying to be better and if they failed that leads to anxiety, stress, depression. And adults are very keen on making money than enjoying life. So, it is necessary to maintain good mental health to maintain a positive state of well-being.
Why is it a problem?
Around the world, every human being suffers from mental illness but nobody takes it as a serious illness. People tend to keep it within themselves and it becomes a part of their life. And they act negatively instead of maintaining a positive state. It also affects their behavior towards themselves and others and it disturbs mental wellness.
How to maintain good mental health and mental wellness?
There are many ways to maintain mental health and well-being. Below are some of the tips to attain a good mental health. Make your list to maintain a good health and practice regularly.
- Life is all about living and happiness. And it is necessary to be kind to the people you meet every day. Every day, be kind to a stranger.
- Start your day with a smile. Read a few pages of a book when you start your day or listen to melodious music or something that makes you smile.
- Spend time with your friends and loved ones. And also find a mentor with whom you can share all your thoughts and feelings. Maintain good friends.
- Spend time with yourself. It is necessary to spend some time alone and reflect on your actions and talk to yourself before taking any decision.
- Get your coach
- Have a goal. It can be either a short time or a long-time goal but have a goal and work towards it.
- Develop new skills that you are interested in and challenge your capabilities.
- Don’t hold your feelings back. Whether it is anger, hatred, or love, happiness just let it out, talk about it. Express your feelings regularly.
Positive mental health quotes
“You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — Dan Millman
“Take your time healing, as long as you want. Nobody else knows what you’ve been through. How could they know how long it will take to heal you?” — Abertoli
“One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” — Linda Poindexter
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” — Charles Bukowski
“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” — John Green
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
“Recovery is not one and done. It is a lifelong journey that takes place one day, one step at a time.” — Unknown
“Self-care is how you take your power back.” — Lalah Delia
“Let your story go. Allow yourself to be present with who you are right now.” – Russ Kyle
“My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” — Emery Lord