Physical conditioning or exercise can enhance your health and reduce the threat of developing several conditions like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Physical conditioning and exercise can have immediate and long– term health benefits. Most importantly, regular conditioning can enhance your quality of life
Quotes on physical health
“Exercise is the key not only to physical health but to peace of mind” _ Nelson Mandella
“Physical fitness is not only one o the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity”_ John F. Kennedy
“Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being”_ Plato
“Health is the state of complete harmony of the body, mind and the spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul opens”_ B.K.S. Iyengar
“Physical fitness can neither be acquired by wishful thinking nor by outright purchase” _ Joseph Pilates
“Taking care of your mental and physical health is just as important as any career move or responsibilities”_ Mireille Guiliano
“Heath is worth more than learning”_ Thomas Jefferson
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits, there are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them”_ Bruce Lee
Benefits of regular physical activity
However, you may, If you’re regularly physically active.
- Reduce your risk of a heart attack
- Manage your weight better
- Have a lower blood cholesterol level
- Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
have lower blood pressure
- Have stronger bones, muscles, and joints and a lower risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Lower your risk of falls
recover better from ages of hospitalization or bed rest
- Feel better – with added energy, a better mood, feel more relaxed, and sleep better.
A healthier state of mind
A number of studies have established that exercise helps depression. There are multiple views as to how exercise helps people with depression
- Exercise may block negative considerations or distract you from daily worries.
- Exercising with others provides an opportunity for increased social contact.
- Increased fitness may lift your mood and enhance your sleep patterns.
- Exercise may also change degrees of chemicals in your brain, such as serotonin, endorphins and stress hormones.